The entrance examination to the Doctoral Study Programmes will be held on Wednesday 12 June 2019 after the Dean's regulation No. 2/2019 and for programme System Engineering and Informatics supplemented by the Dean´s regulation No. 4/2019. Alternative date will be held on 28 August 2019.
Applications have to be submitted from 5 March 2019 via the Internet application https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska. The deadline for submitting applications is on 30 April 2019. The fee of 500 CZK can be paid by online payment by card or bank transfer.
|Fee for an application:||500 CZK, (20 €)|
|Bank:||Česká spořitelna, a.s.|
|Specific symbol:||registration number of your e-application|
The fee is non-refundable at any stage of the admission procedure.
The applicant chooses the department and the topic of his doctoral thesis from the offer of the PhD supervisors of the respective field of study. A list of offered dissertation topics can be found in the appendix below. A list of offered dissertation topics for programme System Engineering and Informatics can be foud in the appendix too. The topic of the thesis should be consulted with the supervisor who offers the given topic before submitting the application for study. The approval of the supervisor and the head of the relevant department (a form can be found in the appendix) is an obligatory part of the documents that needs to be submitted by the applicant to the Centre of Science and Research of the FEM CULS in Prague.
The following documents must be submitted to the Centre of Science and Research, namely to š Bc. Ladislav Šána:
- Completed form for the approval of the supervisor and the head of the department (the form can be downloaded in the appendix below)
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of the examinations in a master's degree programme, or the last two years for a five-year study programme and their classification (a copy confirmed by the study department of the relevant university), the arithmetic average
- Evidence of completion of higher education (diploma or certificate of completion of studies).
These documents must be submitted no later than 3 days before the entrance examination.
All other information concerning the doctoral study programmes in English language is available on the Internet at http://www.pef.czu.cz, or will be provided by the International Relations Office: Ing. Jan Hučko, PhD, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, doc. Ing. Mansoor Maitah, PhD, e-mail: email@example.com or by the Office of Science and Research at the Faculty of Economics and Management, CULS Prague: Bc. Ladislav Šána, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicant will receive an invitation for the entrance examination based on the submitted application by e-mail.
The examination committee will ask you to provide:
- Identity Card (or passport, eventually other identification document)
- Copy of the diploma thesis (or a scientific article of which is the applicant for study is the author or co-author)
- Record of the result from the test of two world languages (the test is performed on the same day as the entrance examination and the time of the examination procedure is modified accordingly; the form Language exam report can be downloaded in the appendix below).
The entrance examination is held in front of a committee, whose members are appointed by the Dean of the faculty on the basis of a proposal from the faculty of the relevant field of study.
The content of the entrance examination is:
- Professional discussion assessing the prerequisites for independent scientific and research work and the applicant’s knowledge of the field of study, which is done on the basis of a proof of the applicant's own work (the diploma thesis or the scientific article)
- Oral interview verifying the knowledge of English and the second world language (interviews are conducted by the examiner from the Department of Languages of FEM CULS in Prague)
- Assessment of the results in the master's degree programme (or in the last two years in the case of a five-year study programme) based on the arithmetic average of all studied subjects.
The admissions committee will issue a candidate's evaluation based on the entrance examination with a recommendation whether the applicant should be admitted to the doctoral study or not.
The Dean of the faculty decides about the admission to study on the basis of (1) the result of the entrance examination and (2) the recommendation of the head of the relevant department. The applicants will receive the result of the admission no later than 15 days after the completion of the admission procedure.
The committee writes down the process of the entrance examination and the applicant will be informed of the result within 30 days in a written form. A successful applicant will be also informed about the start date of the study and the confirmation of the supervisor.
For the academic year 2019/2020, the maximum number of admitted to doctoral study programmes is determined as follows:
|Specialization||Full-time Study||Distance Study|
|Podniková a odvětvová ekonomika||10||2|
|Regionální a sociální rozvoj||10||2|
|Systémové inženýrství a informatika||20||4|
|Sector Economics and Economics of Enterprises||10||2|
|Regional and Social Development||10||2|
|System Engineering and Informatics||20||4|