The entrance examination to the Doctoral Study Programmes will be held on Wednesday 14 June 2023 after the Dean's regulation No. 23/2022.
Alternative date will be held on 23 August 2023. The Dean of the Faculty decides, based on an application from the candidate stating their reasons, whether to accept the candidate‘s request to attend on the alternative date.
The meeting for applicants for doctoral studies will be held on Monday 17 April 2023, from 1:00 p.m. The meeting will take place in person in room PEF E209 with the option to join online in the MS Teams application.
According to the dean´s order No. 5/2023 the deadline for submitting applications is extended until May 19, 2023 (until 12:00 p.m.). All background materials must be submitted by this time.
Applications have to be submitted from 17 March 2023 via the Internet application https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska. The deadline for submitting applications is on 30 April 2023.
STUDY IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS PAID! Length of Study: 4 years. Administration study fee: 5 000 EUR per academic year.
The fee of 750 CZK (30 €) can be paid by online payment by card or bank transfer.
|Fee for an application:||750 CZK, (30 €)|
|Bank:||Česká spořitelna, a.s.|
|Specific symbol:||registration number of your e-application|
The fee is non-refundable at any stage of the admission procedure.
The applicant chooses the department and the topic of his doctoral thesis from the offer of the PhD supervisors of the respective field of study. A list of offered dissertation topics for selected programme can be foud in the appendix below. The topic of the thesis should be consulted with the supervisor who offers the given topic before submitting the application for study. For the purpose of professional discussion, the applicant submits a written dissertation intent in the extent of maximum 2 pages A4. This document needs to be submitted to the Department of Science, Research and Quality FEM CZU in Prague, no later than on May 19, 2023 at the latest (the form can be downloaded in the appendix below)
The applicant submits the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of the examinations in a master's degree programme, or the last two years for a five-year study programme and their classification (a copy confirmed by the study department of the relevant university), the arithmetic average
- Evidence of completion of higher education (diploma or certificate of completion of studies)
- Written dissertation intent in the extent of maximum 2 pages A4, at the latest 19. 5. 2023.
The above-mentioned documents must be submitted as part of the application (deadline 30. 4. 2023) to the UIS system (https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska) except of the dissertation intent, which you submit to the Department of Science, Research and Quality no later than May 19, 2023. Failure to submit the dissertation intent by the deadline means automatic exclusion from the admissions process.
Any questions can be consulted with Ing. Ladislav Šana.
All other information concerning the doctoral study programmes in English language is available on the Internet at http://www.pef.czu.cz, or will be provided by the International Relations Office: Ing. Jan Hučko, PhD, e-mail: email@example.com or by the Department of Science, Research and Quality at the FEM, CZU Prague: Ing. Ladislav Šána, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicant will receive an invitation for the entrance examination based on the submitted application by e-mail.
The examination committee will ask you to provide:
- Identity Card (or passport, eventually other identification document)
- Copy of the diploma thesis (or a scientific article of which is the applicant for study is the author or co-author)
University diploma or certificate of master study graduation must be submitted at the enrolment to study. Applicants who have completed their university abroad must submit a nostrification (validation of foreign university education and qualifications). More information here.
The entrance examination is held in front of a committee, whose members are appointed by the Dean of the faculty on the basis of a proposal from the faculty of the relevant field of study.
The content of the entrance examination is:
- A professional discussion assessing the prerequisites for independent scientific and research activity and knowledge of the field based on evidence of the applicant's own creative work; for the purpose of the professional debate, the candidate submits a written proposal for the dissertation in the scope of a maximum of 2 pages A4 of (including the bibliography), no later than on May 19, 2023, to the Department of Science, Research and Quality FEM CZU in Prague.
- An oral interview verifying the knowledge of the English language.
Passing the entrance exam is considered successful if the candidate is classified:
- “Excellent”, “Very Good” or “Gooda” in the professional discourse, and at the same time
- "passed" in the Interview - verification of English language skills
In case of failure to meet the maximum set admission number, the Dean of the faculty may, by means of a Dean's Regulation, decide to extend the deadline for accepting applications for all programmes for which the admission procedure has been announced, or only for some selected programmes.
Admission to study is decided by the Dean based on the result of the entrance exam. Applicants will receive information about the result of the admissions procedure no later than 15 days after the end of the admissions procedure.
For the academic year 2023/2024, the maximum number of admitted to doctoral study programmes is determined as follows:
|Specialization||Full-time Study||Distance Study|
|System Engineering and Informatics (SYEI)||10||2|
|Sector Economics and Economics of Enterprise (SEEE)||10||2|
|Regional and Social Development (RSD)||10||2|