The date of entrance examination
The entrance examination to the Doctoral Study Programmes will be held on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. In case of serious reasons it is possible to take part in a substitute term of the entrance examination, which is held on August 29, 2018. In such case, the applicant is required to hand in a request for participation during the substitute term with explanation of reasons to the Dean of the faculty, who will further decide on compliance.
Information for submission and payment of the application
Applications have to be submitted from March 1, 2018 via the Internet application https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska. The deadline for submitting applications is on April 30, 2018. The fee of 500 CZK can be paid by online payment by card or bank transfer.
|Fee for an application:||500 CZK, (20 €)|
|Bank:||Česká spořitelna, a.s.|
|Specific symbol:||registration number of your e-application|
The fee is non-refundable at any stage of the admission procedure.
The applicant chooses the department and the topic of his doctoral thesis from the offer of the PhD supervisors of the respective field of study. A full list of offered dissertation topics can be found in the appendix below. The topic of the thesis should be consulted with the supervisor who offers the given topic before submitting the application for study. The approval of the supervisor and the head of the relevant department (a form can be found in the appendix) is an obligatory part of the documents that needs to be submitted by the applicant to the Centre of Science and Research of the FEM CULS in Prague.
Documents to be submitted before the entrance examination
The following documents must be submitted to the Centre of Science and Research, namely to š Bc. Ladislav Šána:
- Completed form for the approval of the supervisor and the head of the department (the form can be downloaded in the appendix below)
- Curriculum vitae
- Summary of the examinations in a master's degree programme, or the last two years for a five-year study programme and their classification (a copy confirmed by the study department of the relevant university), the arithmetic average
- Evidence of completion of higher education (diploma or certificate of completion of studies).
These documents must be submitted no later than 3 days before the entrance examination.
All other information concerning the doctoral study programmes in English language is available on the Internet at http://www.pef.czu.cz, or will be provided by the International Relations Office: PhDr. Vlastimil Černý, CSc., e-mail: email@example.com, Ing. Jan Hučko, PhD, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, doc. Ing. Mansoor Maitah, PhD, e-mail: email@example.com or by the Office of Science and Research at the Faculty of Economics and Management, CULS Prague: Bc. Ladislav Šána, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procedure of the entrance examination
The applicant will receive an invitation for the entrance examination based on the submitted application by e-mail.
The examination committee will ask you to provide:
- Identity Card (or passport, eventually other identification document)
- Copy of the diploma thesis (or a scientific article of which is the applicant for study is the author or co-author)
- Record of the result from the test of two world languages (the test is performed on the same day as the entrance examination and the time of the examination procedure is modified accordingly; the form Language exam report can be downloaded in the appendix below).
The entrance examination is held in front of a committee, whose members are appointed by the Dean of the faculty on the basis of a proposal from the faculty of the relevant field of study.
The content of the entrance examination is:
- Professional discussion assessing the prerequisites for independent scientific and research work and the applicant’s knowledge of the field of study, which is done on the basis of a proof of the applicant's own work (the diploma thesis or the scientific article)
- Oral interview verifying the knowledge of English and the second world language (interviews are conducted by the examiner from the Department of Languages of FEM CULS in Prague)
- Assessment of the results in the master's degree programme (or in the last two years in the case of a five-year study programme) based on the arithmetic average of all studied subjects.
The admissions committee will issue a candidate's evaluation based on the entrance examination with a recommendation whether the applicant should be admitted to the doctoral study or not.
The Dean of the faculty decides about the admission to study on the basis of (1) the result of the entrance examination and (2) the recommendation of the head of the relevant department. The applicants will receive the result of the admission no later than 15 days after the completion of the admission procedure.
The committee writes down the process of the entrance examination and the applicant will be informed of the result within 30 days in a written form. A successful applicant will be also informed about the start date of the study and the confirmation of the supervisor.