The activities in the field of research and science are indispensable activities of any university and faculty. The staff of the Faculty of Economics and Management has been achieving highly valued results both in science (theoretical and applied) and in the education of the scientists.
The scientific achievements and the research results are published in scientific journals, in scientific literature and in proceedings from conferences, seminars or workshops. The publications of the faculty staff have also their international dimension and acknowledgements.
The achieved results are also presented by the author or by the collectives of authors at scientific conferences (international and national) and also at seminars. The Faculty of Economics and Management has a long lasting tradition in organising international scientific conference “Agrarian Perspectives”. The conference was organised in 1991 for the first time and since then it has become an annual meeting of Czech and international scientists, decision makers in the field of economics, management, rural development or ICT. The topics of the conference are mostly tailored to the needs of sustainable development of the agrarian sector in the conditions of European integration.
The research collaboration of the Faculty of Economics and Management aims at the organisations oriented to similar areas as our faculty. Therefore we co-operate with the Research Institute of Agricultural Economics in Prague, with Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry in Brno, and also closely with the Ministry of Agriculture where we participate in the solutions of selected problems.
The Faculty of Economics and Management offers a continuous system of accredited programmes of the doctoral studies, the habilitation (academic title “docent”) and professorship (academic title “profesor”) proceedings. These proceedings are very important as it is the way the faculty supports the development of its staff and the growing numbers of senior lecturers and professors from our faculty.
Activities of the Department for Science and Research are focused at the following:
- Administration of doctoral study programmes, including
- admission procedures into the doctoral studies,
- management of doctoral students records including their study plans, documents of examinations passed, and other studies-related documents,
- regular doctoral students attestation,
- preparation and organization safeguarding of state doctoral examinations and dissertation defence,
- support of doctoral students´ scientific and research activities, including organization of a doctoral scientific seminar.
- Administration of habilitations and professorial proceedings in cooperation with relevant intitutions.
- Preparation and organization of the Faculty Scientific Council meetings.
- Administration of external grant activities and other research activities at FEM CULS.
- Management and organization of internal grant agency (IGA) in cooperation with IGA Commission.
- Preparation and organization safeguarding of cross-faculty scientific conferences, seminars and other activities on national and international levels.
- Keeping records of research and other creative activities of the faculty employees applicable at the faculty level as well as within the university and in the national bodies´ statistics.
- Coordination of publication work at the faculty in cooperation with the FEM Editorial Commission.
- Cooperation with other offices for science and research at the university and faculty levels related to coordination and integration trends within CULS.