Form of Study: Full-time Study
Length of Study: 2 years (4 semesters)
Admissions: see Dean’s instructions for Organizing admission proceedings in the Masters Study Programme taught in English language Business Administration below.
Entrance Exams: on-line interview from Economics and Management and Fundamentals of Entreprenuership.
The aim of the master´s degree study programme Business Administration is to prepare graduates who will be able to serve at the middle and top-level management positions of companies, or to establish and run a business themselves, both in the domestic economy and within the international context.
During the study, students will gain advanced theoretical knowledge of management and entrepreneurial processes in the Czech Republic and in the international business context. They will learn to understand modern theories, concepts and methods applicable in business.
The study program offers a comprehensive concept of modern business and within it, students will gain in-depth knowledge of business and administrative activities related to the establishment, management and administration of business entities. A balanced combination of theoretical disciplines and application-oriented subjects will equip graduates with the necessary competencies for complex decision-making situations at various levels of management. They will have practically applicable knowledge of economic, financial, marketing and strategic analyses. They will be able to practically apply modern marketing approaches and communicate with external suppliers of marketing services. They will handle various types of business transactions, both in national and international trade. They will be able to implement cost-effective approaches with an emphasis on sustainability, all with adequate legal awareness.
The study program is taught in English and thus increases the competitiveness of graduates in the labour market, their ability to communicate with business partners abroad and, moreover, increases their tolerance to cultural differences.
Graduates are prepared primarily for the business sector, in which they will either do business independently or perform management functions at the top or middle level of management. In particular, they will have the following abilities, knowledge and skills for these positions:
- They can handle decisions of complex problems related to companies and entrepreneurship.
- They are capable to accept uncertain conditions and potential risks and make decisions under time pressure.
- They are equipped with an adequate methodological apparatus for managing companies and evaluating their success from various perspectives.
- They are skilled in search for information, sorting it, evaluating it and making decisions based on it.
- They are ready to accept the responsibility associated with decision making.
- They are ready to proceed independently and creatively.
- They are well equipped with theoretical knowledge - especially in the field of economic-managerial disciplines - and they can apply this knowledge in new situations in solving complex and unpredictable problems.
- They are able to professionally use innovative, creative methods, effective tools and supporting argumentation.
- They are able to cope with the demands of project management in the domestic and international environment.
They are able to practically use their knowledge in the implementation of their own business plan and the operation of their own business.
The final examination consists of the defence of the diploma thesis and a professional discussion on topics related to the diploma thesis. The topic of the diploma thesis corresponds to the focus of profiling disciplines - namely Economics and Management, and the chosen state exam corridor:
Economics: Economics for Managers, Innovation and Innovative Economics, Applied Econometrics and Economic Modelling
Management: Business Management, Strategic Management, Logistics
Business economics: Financial management of a company, Managerial accounting, Evaluation of economic performance of a company
Marketing and trade: International business operations, Marketing communication strategy, Marketing plan
Management and administration: Innovation management, People management, Sustainable management
Administration study fee:
MSc Business Administration: 108.000 CZK per academic year 2023/2024.