The concept of CIRDS is based on the principle of supporting the development of bilateral relations with countries of Africa, Asia and Latin America, where the Czech Republic, through the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (CZU Prague) would be an important partner supporting agricultural education and agricultural sector modernization and following up with diplomacy to promote agricultural exports.
The intention is to build on the rich history and wide network of contacts in the target countries, and to continue to deepen mutual relations and cooperation in the above-mentioned sectors.
The Centre is conceived as a virtual organization that could be covered, for example, by the Faculty of Economics and Management of the CZU Prague, and be partially staffed by CZU staff and external specialists. The scope of the Institute has a broad base and can be divided into two main sections:
- Section of Pedagogical-theoretical activities
- Section of Projects implementation activities
The Pedagogical and Theoretical Section (PTS) will cover both teaching, learning, research and diplomatic activities. It will be responsible for developing concepts of development, pedagogical activity and analytical activities. The Project Implementation Section (PIS) will, in cooperation with the PTS, implement development projects and field studies in the target countries and implement the elements of agrarian diplomacy in cooperation with governmental organizations and embassies.
Objectives and scope of activities:
Supporting the development of global rural areas is a complex set of activities that need to be conducted within the existing organization of the society, taking into account the current state and strategy of the Czech Republic in relation to this issue and the possibilities and needs of the recipient partners. It is therefore necessary to define the objectives and means necessary to fulfill the vision of CIRDS and its partners. The CIRDS will therefore follow these objectives:
- Creating a global discussion platform accessible to all cooperating partners to identify and specify partial strategies and areas of interest in which CIRDS can effectively fulfill its vision.
- Specification and coordination of priorities of the Czech Republic in the development of rural areas on the basis of Czech technologies and know-how, which can shared and which is beneficial to the target areas.
- Implementation of research activities, mapping the issues of economic and social issues, connected and influencing the development of rural areas.
- Implementation of pedagogical activities, preparing Czech and foreign specialists for key roles for development of rural areas - specialists for economic development, technology transfer and social aspect of the development of global partnership.
- Establishing and maintaining relations with international partners, especially with the personalities and institutions that are key to fulfilling the CIRDS vision and strengthening the role of the Czech Republic as a leader for the given issue.
- Project activity materializing visions and CIRDS missions.