Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, opens a temporary twelve-month researcher position (Post-Doctoral Position) within the project: “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CZU Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366.
The aim of the project, co-financed by EU (managing authority for Operational Program Research, Development and Education is Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport), is to support the development of international mobility of research staff at CZU Prague.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Salary: EUR 2200 per month + motivational bonuses for published papers
Job type: full-time
Starting date: October 2019-November 2019
Term contract duration: 12 months
The selected candidate will work on research in computer science and information systems applied in agriculture, business, public administration or rural development. The main goal of the selected candidate is to publish in high-impact factor journals jointly with the local research teams. The research should be primarily focused at one of the following topics:
- Big Data Analytics
- Geospatial Data Analytics
- Decision Support Systems in Agriculture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Ambient Intelligence
- Group Decision-Making under Uncertainty
The researcher will have access to the following labs:
- Laboratory of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Processing
- Laboratory of Mathematical Modelling and Simulations
- Laboratory of IoT and Virtual Reality
Work will be conducted under the guidance of project coordinators at the Faculty of Economics and Management Czech University of Life Sciences Prague to achieve a significant contribution to the dissemination of research findings through publications, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Completed Ph.D. education or appropriate level 8 of ISCED qualification completed within the last seven years.
- Work experience outside the Czech Republic for at least two years as a researcher (0.5 contract or more) or doctoral studies during the last three years.
- At least three peer reviewed papers published in good impact factor journals during the last three years.
- Excellent written and fluent spoken English.
Required application documents:
- PhD diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary)
- Professional resume (CV), including a list of publications
- Internship plan indicating your availability and an outline of activities within the twelve-month period of the contract
- A brief description of the research that the candidate plans to work on, including its justification and publishing potential
- Selection will be based on the relevance of candidate´s professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Please apply before June 10, 2019 by sending all required documents to Dr. Miloš Ulman (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). The application review will start immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted by June 30, 2019 and invited for a Skype interview between July 1 – 12, 2019.
About the employer:
The Faculty of Economics and Management (FEM) is the largest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences Prague. There are about 10,000 students enrolled in the faculty study programmes in all forms of education. The faculty offers a wide scale of education covering the areas of management, economics, ICT, systems engineering, public administration and regional development which reflect the current socioeconomic needs.
The Department of Information Technologies is concentrating on educational activities, scientific research and cooperation with corporations, public administration and Czech and foreign universities. The Department has realized various national and international projects and built international teams conducting applied scientific research. The Department of Information Technologies is one of the key actors significantly shaping the curriculum of the Faculty of Economics and Management. The Department is featuring twenty-two lecturers, five staff members and nine PhD students. The main mission of the department is to educate IT professionals and to produce significant scientific results in the fields of applied information and communication technologies and information systems.
 Net amount after taxation according to the national law.