Science and Research
Research and Science at the Faculty of Economics and Management
The activities in the field of research and science are indispensable activities of any university and faculty. The staff of the Faculty of Economics and Management has been achieving highly valued results both in science (theoretical and applied) and in the education of the scientists.
The faculty staff is engaged in:
- International grant projects and schemes (an important area of collaboration in this area is the co-operation with the universities in Austria, Great Britain, Germany, USA, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and in other countries). The faculty staff also work on the projects administered under EU 6th Framework Programme on Research, Technological Development and Demonstration
- National grant projects and schemes (the most important national grant projects, in which the faculty staff participate, are those administered by the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Fund of the Higher Education Development, Grant Agency of the Czech Republic, and also the research funded by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic which is a component of the institutionalised university and faculty research
- Internal grant projects and schemes (they are the grants administered either by the Czech University of Agriculture in Prague or by the Internal Grant Agency of the Faculty of Economics and Management).
The scientific achievements and the research results are published in scientific journals, in scientific literature and in proceedings from conferences, seminars or workshops. The publications of the faculty staff have also their international dimension and acknowledgements.
The achieved results are also presented by the author or by the collectives of authors at scientific conferences (international and national) and also at seminars. The Faculty of Economics and Management has a long lasting tradition in organising international scientific conference “Agrarian Perspectives”. The conference was organised in 1991 for the first time and since then it has become an annual meeting of Czech and international scientists, decision makers in the field of economics, management, rural development or ICT. The topics of the conference are mostly tailored to the needs of sustainable development of the agrarian sector in the conditions of European integration.
The research collaboration of the Faculty of Economics and Management aims at the organisations oriented to similar areas as our faculty. Therefore we co-operate with the Research Institute of Agricultural Economics in Prague, with Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry in Brno, and also closely with the Ministry of Agriculture where we participate in the solutions of selected problems.
The Faculty of Economics and Management offers a continuous system of accredited programmes of the doctoral (PhD.) studies, the habilitation (academic title “docent”) and professorship (academic title “profesor”) proceedings. These proceedings are very important as it is the way the faculty supports the development of its staff and the growing numbers of senior lecturers and professors from our faculty.
The accredited specialisations in the doctoral (PhD.) study programmes are:
- Sector and enterprise economics
- Regional and social development
- Information management
- Systems engineering
The interest in doctoral (PhD.) studies has been increasing every year as the growing number of the applicants has indicated. Among the PhD. students there are also students from abroad. Those who would like to study in doctoral (PhD.) degree programmes, please, contact Department for Science and Research (Ing. Řezníčková email@example.com
, Z. Husáková firstname.lastname@example.org).