Faculty of Economics and Management
Department of Economics
- Assistant manager:
- The historical predecessor of today´s Department of Economics, the Department of Agricultural Economics, dates to the year of foundation of the Faculty of Economics of CUA in Prague. The Department follows the mission and main activities of the Department of Agricultural Economics, which was one of three establishing Departments of the Faculty of Economics, and highly profiles the orientation of the Faculty.
- The structure of basic and facultative subjects is aimed at the connection of the theoretical and practical knowledge in Economics with respect to agribusiness and EU integration.
- The Department runs the subjects in all study fields (i.e. Management and Economics, Business and Administration, Informatics, Public Administration and Regional Development, European Agrarian Diplomacy and Agricultural Economics and Management (MSc.)), including Ph.D. study, as well as regional centres of distance study. Moreover, the Department organises the study of European Agrarian Diplomacy and is significantly involved in MSc. program - Agricultural Economics and Management.
- The main scientific activities are connected at present with the solution of the Research Intention - “Economics of resources of Czech agriculture and their efficient use in frame of multifunctional agri-food systems” supported under the Number MSM 6046070906. The solution of projects within the 6-th Frame Program funded by EU is of a significant importance as well. Additionally, the members and Ph.D. students are involved in solution of many other external and internal grants, which are funded by NAZV, GAČR, etc. The grant recourses are allocated in working and investment activities of the Department, as well as in reconstruction and modernisation of the Faculty as a whole.
- The Department cooperates with many Universities abroad. The members of the Department, as well as the students largely exploit the opportunities of external funding of the research and study visits at partner Universities. The department has a bilateral ERASMUS/SOCRATES contract with the University of Hohenheim, Technical University in München, Humboldt University in Berlin, BOKU Wien. The research activities within international partnership are mainly oriented on solution of the 6-th Frame Program with partners from France, GB, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark and Spain.
- The other activities of the Department are coupled with a preparation of International seminars and cooperation with agricultural enterprises and the Ministry of Agriculture within several projects.