Faculty of Economics and Management
Department of Systems Engineering
- Assistant manager:
- The Department of Systems Engineering (previous name: Department of Operational and Systems Analysis) has been established in 1952, originally as Department of Statistics and Accounting. Later on this departmen has been divided in two stand - alone ones (Statistics, Accounting). In early sixties, some people from the Department of Statistics have built up new Department of Scientific Programming, in 1969 renamed to Department of Operational and Systems Analysis (DOSA). DOSA has became one of the leading institutions in the Czech Republic, providing education and research in Operations Research, Operational Analysis and System Analysis.
- The mission of the department is to strengthen and expand the knowledge of Operation Research, Management Science, System Science, Decision Support Systems, System Analysis and Modeling. Special attention is given to Stochastic and Fuzzy Modeling for decision support making in agri-businesses, agri-industries and relating production and market branches and chains. Consultancy provided by the Department can offer benefits both to the small & medium enterprises and to the top management of big producers.
- Today, the current educational activities comprise, along with other topics, Management Science, Project Management, System Science, Decision Support Systems, System Design Analysis, System Modelling and Meta Modelling, Logistics. Special attention is given to analysis, methodology and design of soft systems. Since 2001, The Department has guaranteed MSc and PhD study programme System Engineering and is fully involved in English tought courses (Decision Support Systems, Mathematics for Economists).
- Research activities involve research of soft methodologies and development of tools for soft system analysis, project management and project analysis for environmental and sustainable development. These educational and research activities are supported by an extensive range of hardware and software including both standard Window-networks and special software LINDO, SAS, etc.. The department is involved in many Czech and European research and educational projects (6 Leonardo da Vinci Projects, 4 projects of the 5th and 6th Framework Programme, 1 Interreg Project, 2 European Social Funds Projects etc.)
- University of Agriculture Nitra, Slovakia; BOKU Universitaet, Vienna, Austria; Etablissement National d Enseignement Superieur Agronomique de Dijon, France; Universita degli Studi di Udine, Italy; Inniciativas Innovadoras, Pamplona, Spain; Danish Technological Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark; Dedalo Fundation, Tudela, Spain, University of Szeged, Hungary ; University of Patras, Greece; Agricultural University of Iceland, Hvanneyri, Iceland;Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria; University of Bremen, Germany; Local Futures Group, London, GB; University of Aveiro, Portugal; Telefónica Investigación y Desarrollo, Spain; NETU Consultants and University of Cyprus, Cyprus ; TREBAG Property and Project Management, Hungary; A.L.P. PECA d.o.o., Slovenia; Technical University of Košice, Slovakia;, RAND Europe, The Netherlands; Steppingstones, Belgium; Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland; Forus Digital Business Consulting, Italy; Institute of Economics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria; Centre for Urban and Regional Sociology, Romania; ASM – Market Research and Analysis Centre, Poland ; Institute of Economics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria; Vilnus Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania..